Associate // Attorney-at-law
Eleni Serifi advises and represents clients in international disputes, with a particular focus on international commercial arbitration, investment treaty arbitration, and public international law.
Eleni Serifi has significant experience in complex international arbitration disputes relating to international manufacturing and supply contracts and claims involving governments. She also has specific expertise in environment and energy law issues pertaining in particular to oil and gas.
Eleni Serifi joins rothorn legal with more than four years of post-qualification experience in international arbitration at major law firms in Paris and Zurich (Three Crowns, Lenz & Staehelin). She holds an LL.M. from Harvard Law School, where she studied as a Fulbright Scholar and was awarded the Dean’s Scholar Prize for topping her International Arbitration class. She also holds an LL.M. in Civil Law and an LL.B. from Athens Law School graduating first in her class (Valedictorian, Greek State Awards of Academic Excellence).
Eleni Serifi is admitted to the Greek bar. She speaks English and Greek and reads German and French.
- Representing and advising companies in high-value, ICC/SCAI, international arbitration disputes (also against States) relating to the shipbuilding, aerospace, energy, and financial services sectors, with an aggregate amount in dispute exceeding EUR 8 billion.
- Acting as Administrative Secretary in an UNCITRAL international arbitration dispute relating to the construction industry.
- Advising States and private companies on issues of Public International Law.
- Advising Greek telecommunication, construction and energy companies in cases before Greek courts (including Greek Supreme Courts) and Greek administrative authorities.
- Advising applicants in cases before the European Court of Human Rights.
- LL.M., Harvard Law School, 2017 (Dean’s Scholar Prize, Fulbright Scholar)
- LL.M. in Civil Law, Athens Law School, 2016
- LL.B., Athens Law School, 2014 (Valedictorian, Greek State Awards of Academic Excellence)